ENLIGHT’EM in Science is Wonderful 2020
ENLIGHT’EM project has participated in Science is Wonderful 2020. This year, the exhibition has been fully online to reach out to more European citizens than ever. The event took place from 22 to 24 September as part of the second edition of the European Research and Innovation Days, which will bring together policymakers, researchers, entrepreneurs and citizens online to debate and shape the future of research and innovation in Europe and beyond.
The exhibition was organised through a dedicated online platform and ENLIGHT’EM had its own virtual stand where we developed several interactive activities, including an educational talk about the need of creating sustainable technology and showed some experimental demos about creating wireless communication devices from a low-energy perspective.
Besides, we held several live sessions every day and other activities:
- An educational talk about the need of creating sustainable technology.
- Two experimental demos, where we showed a Gbps Visible Light Communication link and a first prototype of battery-free IoT device that uses a single solar cell for harvesting energy and receiving information. We tried to raise awareness about the need of reducing carbon footprint by the technology.
- Introduction to ENLIGHT’EM project.
- Presentation of research results from ENLIGHT’EM to date.
- Opportunities and way forward.
Schools around Europe attended our presentations, with a range of age from 6 to 16 years old. They were fascinated when they saw that lighting can be used also for connecting to the internet, a concept called LiFi. Besides, investors and stakeholders were interested in our project and where referred to our website and social media to be updated about the project progress and potential collaborations.